Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cover art - "Lamentation" by Ken Scholes

I am happy to be back to the usual schedule, with a new reading started this morning, a review that will be finished today and with a new post. And I return for this post to the French fantasy market again, for yet another jaw-dropping cover artwork. Bragelonne publishes the French edition of Ken Scholes“Lamentation” and as this amazing publishing house used its readers the book benefits from a very beautiful artwork on its cover, made by the very talented artist Marc Simonetti. I’ve posted about the Spanish and German covers of “Lamentation” before, but I have to say that I like this one a lot more. Marc Simonetti has done an excellent work once again, after we have seen the book covers he made for Patrick Rothfuss’ “The Name of the Wind” and George R.R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire”. I am more than happy now that I had Marc Simonetti as my guest for one of my fantasy art interviews and I really wish to see his work on one of the English editions someday.

6 comments:

Phil said...

French readers are lucky, this is really beautiful artwork.

The Mad Hatter said...

Gorgeous. This may be the best I've seen for this series yet.

Jeff C said...

I agree with the fellows above...this is my favorite cover for this series.

Tia (Debuts & Reviews) said...

Wow. Love that cover!

M.M.E. said...

Gorgeous cover! I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Mihai A. said...

This is an excellent cover and an example of how I wish cover artwork to be treated. And I agree, it is the best I've seen for this novel :)