Wednesday, April 7, 2010

2009 BSFA Awards

Many award announcements this week and since this week-end another award I follow announced its winners, please bear with me for another such a post. The other reason that made me post a third consecutive award feature is that at the 2009 BSFA Awards two of the winners are among my favorites too, China Miéville’s novel “The City & The City”, an excellent novel and one of the best I read lately (reviewed here) and Stephen Martiniere for the cover artwork of Ian McDonald’s “Desolation Road” and which was one of my favorite covers of 2009.

Best Novel: “The City & The City” by China Miéville

Best Short Fiction: “The Beloved Time of Their Lives” by Ian Watson and Roberto Quaglia (The Beloved of My Beloved)

Best Non-Fiction: “Mutant Popcorn” by Nick Lowe (Interzone)

Best Artwork: Stephen Martiniere for the cover of “Desolation Road” by Ian McDonald (Pyr)

Congratulations to all the winners!

No comments: